Thursday, May 28, 2009

My StoryMaker

My StoryMaker is a site by the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. I heard about this in passing and was intrigued, so decided to give it a shot. I'm glad that I did.

MSM, is a great site for young readers/storytellers. The user selects the characters, props, scenery, and supplies all the text. Also, you choose how the story goes w/ preset effects such as emotions and actions.

Once the story is done you can either print it out via a PDF or save it online to view as a PDF. I only wish they had some kind of export feature that allows you to download it or post it as a .mov file. I had to use Screen Flow to make my sample "interactive".

Below is my sample short story I created...



Create your own story by clicking here.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. the technology is there, just not made to public on the internet. You can go to the library to see your animated story at its kiosk :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!