Top 5 Ways to Make YouTube Viewing Safer for Schools
- YouYube: Safety Mode - This is a great new feature which is simple to use. By clicking on the safety mode button at the bottom left of a YouTube screen it filters inappropriate words from comments or allow inappropriate videos to be played.
- ViewPure - Nice way to remove comments and ads from YouTube video and easy to use. Also, can install a bookmarklet into your browser for convenience.
- Safe Share TV - A great site which generates a unique safe URL for viewing YouTube content.
- Silentube - Installs a bookmarklet in your browser to watch all YouTube, Viddler, and Vimeo videos in peace.
- Vusafe - An excellent way for an educator to create a safe environment for students to watch videos.
Top 5 Ways to Edit YouTube Videos
- YouTube: Video Editor - A great tool that allows users to upload a video, then edit it by cropping, adding soundtrack, and creating a mash-up.
- Tube Chop - A excellent site that is super easy to use for editing YouTube videos by entering a URL and selecting the start/stop times.
- SnipSnip.It - Easy to use site by entering a URL and selecting the start & stop times (similar to Tube Chop).
- VidScan - A great way to view YouTube videos in a timeline to figure out which sections you want to watch.
- VideoANT - A fun way to watch a YouTube video and then annotate it as it plays along.
- Synchtube - Create a public or private room where users can view the same video and chat in real time.
- Kick YouTube - Easy way to view YouTube videos being blocked by a filter.
- SaveVideo.Me - Great way to save any number of different video formats.
- SaveYouTube - Excellent way to save YouTube videos.