*This list is in alphabetical order.
10 Sites for Teaching/Learning a Foreign Language
- Duolingo - Is an interesting site that allows users to translate text from the web. Sentences are given to users at their own learning pace and Duolingo supplies words w/ images to reinforce learning.
- Imendi - A nice site to learn 8 foreign languages through 12 lessons that incorporates flash card style games.
- Instreami - A innovative site for learning a language through the use of digital video.
- Learn a Language - A great site for learning a variety of languages through the use of online games, activities, and more.
- Lingt Classroom - A great site w/ educational portal that allows teachers to create voice based assignments.
- Lyrics Gap - Is a fun site for learning a language by filling in the missing words of a song. A user can even create their own exercises by selecting what word to be omitted and then sharing a link.
- Memrise - A good site for learning a variety of subjects including foreign languages through an innovative flash card system.
- Nabber - A nice collaborative site that allows user to search for a word/term and finding translations/suggestions left by others.
- Nulu Languages - A excellent site for learning a foreign language through online translations of current events and use of flashcards. Also, has an educational portal for student tracking.
- Word Steps - A great way to learn foreign language words by creating words list w/ images and audio. Words Steps also has a mobile app which is ideal for learning on the go.