Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Netalyzr

Netalyzr is a new (beta) site by ICSI. It is designed to debug your internet and "tell" you exactly what is going on w/ your network.

After trying it, I must say that it is super easy to use and it does report back some fascinating data. Of course, a lot of it really didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but what I did find amusing was that it was reporting that I'm using a static IP which is not the case.



To begin the test all you do is browse to the page and click Start Analysis. Once it is done (5 min or so) you get a very detailed report of what's going on, on your network. I can really see this beneficial for home users who want to get an idea, if people are using their Wi Fi connection, etc etc. In a school setting it's nice in the sense that it is free, but pales in comparison to Server Admin Reports or those done by some kind of networking service: PRTG, Nagios, Cacti, AW Stats, etc.



Give it a try by clicking here.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!