Ever since I started exploring creating music on the computer w/ Garageband I've come to love how easy it is to implement it into education. Students can use it to create soundtracks to movies, mix their favorite songs, and even record their own voice. Below is my list of top 10 sites for creating/mixing digital music.
Top 10 Sites for Creating Digital Music
- Myna - Far and away my favorite online music editor. This is very similar to Garageband and a nice alternative for those who do not have the Apple application.
- Soundation - Very easy to use w/ a drag/drop interface for creating some excellent sounding music.
- Jam Studio - A fun site that lets users select a "key" to play in and then a theme to match it to.
- Loop Labs - A little bit of a higher learning curve then most online sites but w/ a nice time line editor.
- Your Spins - A great site for mixing prerecorded music and then sharing w/ others.
- Indaba - Is a unique site where people can create collaborative music pieces to make one final product.
- Creating Music - A fantastic website to show kids how to create digital music. Very user friendly!!
- Contrapunctus Variations - A wonderful site for creating orchestral type music by selecting an instrument and clicking on a time line.
- iNudge - A very fun site for kids who make music by drawing shapes.
- Glitchscape - Create sound by drawing vector shaped rectangles.