Wikipedia says, "Blended learning is a formal education program in which a student learns at least in part through online delivery of content and instruction with some element of student control over time, place, path or pace. While still attending a “brick-and-mortar” school structure, face-to-face classroom methods are combined with computer-mediated activities. Proponents of blending learning cite the opportunity for data collection and customization of instruction and assessment as two major benefits of this approach. Schools with blended learning models may also choose to reallocate resources to boost student achievement outcomes."
That being said, I decided to curate a list of resources that can be used for Blended Learning instruction.
*This list is in alphabetical order.
10 Sites for Blended Learning
- Answer Pad - Is a free visual and student based response system that educators use to blend learning and assess students in real-time on browser based devices.
- Been for Education - A educational tool that allows educators to browse and curate the web w/ students in a safe environment in real-time.
- Buncee - A fantastic and easy to use tool w/ educational portal that educators are using for blended learning, digital storytelling, creating presentations and more.
- Edmodo - A free and safe social learning environment where educators can collaborate w/ students and assess them to deliver best teaching strategies.
- EDpuzzle - Is one of the most popular resources on the web to flip a classroom or lesson. This is done by taking a video editing (i.e. cut/crop) it, adding questions, and generate assessments to blend learning. Also, it is ideal for student centered self paced learning.
- GoClass - A innovative tool that uses a web interface and mobile app to allow teachers to create digital lessons, blend learning, and generate detailed reports.
- Kahoot - Is a easy to use game based blended learning system that allows educators to assess students in a visual bar graph manner, while students take control of their learning.
- Khan Academy - A very popular resource for online learning where the user learns at their own pace through interactive exercises and videos.
- LessonPaths - Formerly known as MentorMob, LessonPaths allows users to create learning playlists to blend their, flip their classroom, and learn at their own pace.
- Otus - Otus is a new and innovative free learning tool designed for the iPad that allows educators to blend learning by creating a digital learning environment. Educators, can manage and track student performance, take attendance and notes, grade, and more.
- Blended Learning Tool Kit - http://blended.online.ucf.edu
- Blended Learning Infographics - http://elearninginfographics.com/tag/blended-learning-infographic/