Thursday, March 15, 2012

MinecraftEDU

MinecraftEDU is a new (beta) educational virtual world gaming site that I found out about from Hack Education.  While I have never played the game I'd like to mention it due to it's innovative look and educational potential.

This looks to be a wonderful to tool to engage students in a visual and intriguing way.  The educational version allows a teacher to turn their classroom computer into a server to host their virtual world(s).  A teacher has moderation controls which is nice, the ability to add/remove items from the game, and more.  One feature that is still to come will allow students to go on virtual field trips around other users Minecraft worlds.

I highly recommend checking out MinecraftEDU by clicking here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!