Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spelling City

Spelling City is one of the best sites out there for vocabulary and spelling help.  This site through the use of a teacher portal allows for: student creation (no email address necessary), student tracking, reporting, word list creation, etc.  These games are educational and help students learn and retain the meanings of words while improving their spelling.

I highly recommend checking out Spelling City by clicking here!!

For a more detailed review click here.

Spelling City is a paid advertiser of Technology Tidbits.

2 comments:

  1. VocabularySpellingCity is one of my favorite educational sites! We use it daily on our interactive whiteboard during our literacy centers to review our spelling words. During math time, we play the math vocabulary games from the Teacher Resources section. My favorite part of the site is that I can give my spelling and vocabulary tests online and not have to grade them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge VocabularySpellingCity fan. I have been using it for at least 4 years and I have a Premium Membership. Ever since I incorporated VSC my students no long complain about studying spelling. Some of their favorite activities are analogies, unscramble and sentence unscramble. Personally, I like that fact that all my spelling lists are saved online and that I can monitor and assign different activities to students. Like Cara, I haven’t graded a spelling test in years, which is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!